Together we transform the lives of low-income homeowners by improving the safety and health of their homes and revitalizing our communities. We work year round to preserve affordable homeownership, build healthy neighborhoods and ensure that homeowners in need can live independently in safe and healthy homes. Our programs serve low-income homeowners and address three primary needs: Accessibility, Livability and Community:
- Safe at Home Program provides volunteer-delivered safety and fall prevention modifications and ramps for older adults or those living with a disability so that they can continue to live in safety and independence in their own homes.
- Access for Always Program provides larger, contractor-delivered environmental home modifications such as doorway widening and kitchen or bathroom renovations to enable aging-in-place and single-level living.
- General Repair Program creates healthier, more livable homes by providing volunteer-delivered repairs including weatherizing, cleaning, installing flooring, patching and painting, siding, landscaping, and almost anything that restores the homeowners’ independence, safety and security.
- Systems Repair Program provides timely contractor-delivered repair or replacement of essential systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, outer envelope and roofs that are critical to healthy, livable homes.
- Nonprofit Facility/Community Beautification fosters vibrant communities by providing safe and welcoming spaces for communities to gather. Projects include renovation and beautification work for community centers, schools, supportive housing facilities and outdoor community spaces.
- ReNeighboring Program transforms donated vacant homes into safe, healthy and affordable housing for qualified homeowners who earn less than 120% of the area median income. Proceeds from the sale of these professionally-rehabilitated homes are invested back into Rebuilding Together programs.
An affiliate of Rebuilding Together, Inc., Rebuilding Together Twin Cities has been preserving and revitalizing homes and communities in the metropolitan area since 1997. Our programs provide opportunities for community involvement. Through sponsors and volunteer efforts, we strive to impact communities and the nonprofit places where neighborhood members gather.