Energy Efficiency, Weatherizaton & Lead Paint

Center for Energy and Environment

Provides financing programs for home improvement, including windows/doors, insulation, water heaters, heating and cooling.  612-335-5884.

CenterPoint Energy

Provides no-fee energy audits for eligible low-income customers to check homes for energy efficiency and health and safety threats.  Also provides free home weatherization services through Community Action Program agencies to improve the efficiency of eligible homes for qualified low-income customers.  Serves homes within CenterPoint Energy’s Minnesota service territory. 612-321-5011.

Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin

Provides energy assistance programs, food support, free tax preparation assistance and homeownership programs that include foreclosure prevention, reverse mortgage counseling, homeowner education and home rehabilitation services.  Serve low-income residents of suburban Hennepin County.  952-933-9639.

Minnesota Community Action Partnership

Made up of member organizations in communities across the state. Programs include energy and weatherization assistance.

MN Department of Health

Provides information about lead paint (health risks and safe practices) and how to find a licensed contractor for lead paint abatement.  651-201-4620.

MN Division of Energy Resources

Provides information about energy-related home improvements and financial assistance for heating bills and weatherization improvements.  651-296-5175.

Neighborhood Energy Connection

Provides home improvement financing and energy consulting services.  Dependent on income level.  651-221-4462.

Ramsey & Washington County CAP (Community Action Partnership)

Provides Energy Assistance and Weatherization.  Also maintains – a free, online tool for East Metro homeowners, landlords and renters to quickly locate energy assistance and conservation programs they may be qualified for based on answering a few simple questions.  651-645-6445.

Salvation Army Social Aid/Heat Share

Provides energy assistance.  1-800-842-7279.

Sustainable Resources Center

Provides weatherization assistance, lead hazard control and education, including courses for public health workers, contractors, auditors and inspectors of various specialties.  612-870-4255.

Xcel Energy

Offers energy payment plans and Home Energy Savings Programs for qualified low-income customers, which include a free home visit, appliance replacement for qualified appliances and free weatherization services.  1-800-895-4999.